Makerspace – Your makerspace donations have been put to great use. Some neat developments have been happening with makerspace in the first trimester:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 1st grade classes have combined in the makerspace for their STEM module
- Mondays – Mrs. Toboja uses the makerspace for stations (i.e. hands on stations along with literacy station
- 4th grade students from Mrs. Larson’s class spent time in the makerspace working on a health project
- Middle School students have spent time in afternoon makerspace as an option from study hall.
- Monday-Friday kindergarten continues to be on a specialist rotation and are in the makerspace for one hour.
- Makerspace club was developed for K-5 students. Students who attended were invited to “make/create” during the time they were there. Many interesting, creative ideas and creations came to be.
- Look for more opportunities in our makerspace in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters.