Assignments / Tests
Assignments will be posted in Google Classroom and on PowerSchool. Students should write assignments in their planner during class. Any upcoming tests or project due dates will be posted on the classroom assignment board – it is the students’ responsibility to write these dates in their planners.
- In 2022-23 school year, class will take place Monday-Tuesday-Thursday-Friday from 8:25-9:15am and Wednesdays from 12:15-1:00pm.
- Math units are aligned with 4th/5th grade math targets (I can statements).
- The Singapore Math Curriculum, Intensive Practice, will be used as a supplement to Sadlier. Learn more about the Singapore Math Curriculum: 2020-21 Singapore Math Q&A Sheet
- Email Mrs. Maertens with any questions or concerns you may have. Email contact information is: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to support your child for success in 4th Grade Level III Math Enrichment.
- Check in with your child daily to see if he or she has math homework. Students will write down any homework they may have in their 4th grade planners daily at the end of class.
- Create homework routines with respect to time and place
- Celebrate homework successes!
- Instill a Growth Mindset (Dweck, 2006) and the practice of the Habits of Mind (Costa & Kallick, 2008)
- Open communication: between school and home, between you and your child